Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pick Ups

Don't even think of slowing down. Just hope a child doesn't run in front of your vehicle. I drive a small compact 4 cylinder car and the red-necks driving huge pick-up trucks hate small vehicles. Most avenues here are 2 lanes each side,the speed limit is usually 35 miles. When I'm driving in the right lane at the speed limit, on occasion there will be a pick-up truck behind me,as I glance in the rear view mirror,he's edging closer to me. I increase my speed to 40,and he's still getting closer. I'm up to 43 miles per hour and that fruitcake is within inches of my bumper! Why doesn't he just pass me? Simple enough. Now I'm a nervous wreck, I could a speeding ticket,or if someone is walking across the street, I'd have to slow down and the red-neck slams into the rear of my car. Twice I had to turn right onto a street all the while hoping he doesn't hit me, just to get out of his way. I finally found a solution to this dilemma, I leave a bra on the front seat,and start waving it out my window,then most likely he'll pass me and I can drive safely again. The problem is this here Florida has no break down lanes like they have up north. I wish that only people originally from up north can be permitted to drive pick-up trucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment